GungHo Online Entertainment has revealed Season 8 of Ninjala this week as players will have to channel their inner animal to survive. Some interesting choices will need to be made, as you can see from the art below, where it appears the animal you’re tied to will help you gain some abilities. Not to mention some interesting items from other creatures. On top of the Season 8 content, GOE revealed that a new Ninjala anime series is currently in development and will begin airing sometime in January 2022. This isn’t going to be like the cartoon series that has been airing on YouTube, this is a fully-fledged anime series production that is set on taking a dive deeper into the game’s colorful world. We have more info on what will all be included in Season 8, along with the dev diary.
From December 2nd through March 9th, Ninjala players can jump into Season 8, which introduces:
- Turf Match: a 4 vs. 4 Team Battle game mode that pits teams of players against each other to control different parts of the map. The team with the most territory at the end wins.
- WNA Tours: monthly online tournaments that will kick off with the Hattori Hanzo Cup on December 25. Players will have only six hours to compete for a top spot – the higher your rank, the more Jala you win. Everyone who participates will get 10 Gumball Machine Coins.
- New items in the Shinobi Shop
- 2 Gum Weapons: Ninja Carpet and Bird Drill
- 4 Shinobi Cards:
- Iron Bind: An iron-strong Gum Bind that prevents opponents from being blown away.
- Life Recovery: Attack an opponent caught in an Iron Bind to restore life.
- Reduced Cooldown: Defeat an opponent in an Iron Bind to restore the Gum Shoot cooldown.
- Explosion: Defeat an opponent caught in an Iron Bind and you’ll surround yourself with explosive Gum Damage.
Ninjala’s Cyber Monday 2021 Campaign takes place from November 17 through December 1 and features:
- A free 400 Jala login bonus, 30% off Daily Avatar items or 50% off with a Ninjala Pass
- Exclusive outfits, like the Astronaut Outfit in the Shinobi Shop and the Firefighter Outfit in the Gum Gacha